Okay, so after reading Laura’s blog http://lking620masters.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/twitter/ and finding myself also not sure of how Twitter could be worthwhile, I decided to do some browsing to see how other educators are using it. I found this awesome website with a TON of information: http://edudemic.com/2010/06/the-ultimate-twitter-guidebook/ .
Some of the coolest ideas that caught my interest were using Twitter for things like:
- Collaborating with other teachers, since we all know a common planning time is non-existent
- Taking polls with students or for classroom contests
- Daily summaries for parents and students
- Homework help for students in my class
- “twittories” a way to create a giant story where each user adds a line
I would be lying if I said that I am rushing out today to post my Twitter link to my school website, but I am definitely considering ways it could be beneficial in my classroom.